by DAN Cases$199.00
- Each shipping date has a limited, preset number of cases available.
- Only the product options shown at the time of order are available. We cannot customize orders.
- Items in the cart are not reserved, so they may go out of stock while checking out. This is a restriction put in place by Shopify to prevent abuse and cannot be changed.
- You will be charged immediately upon completing the checkout process.
- Orders may only be canceled and payment refunded prior to being dispatched for shipment.
- Refunds are subject to a 4% payment processing fee.
- Refunds are made to the original payment method, and take 3-5 business days to process.
- All items are prepackaged for individual shipping. We cannot combine shipping for multiple items.
- All cases for each shipping date are shipped as a batch through Taiwan Post. Once a batch is transferred to Taiwan Post, they determine the order and exact day any specific package is shipped. The shipping date is the expected range within which they will ship all orders in that batch.
- Tracking numbers are provided to us by Taiwan Post after shipping has concluded. We will send you your tracking number once we've received it.
- Tracking may show "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for an extended period of time. This is normal, as Taiwan Post does not update tracking to indicate the item has been shipped. Tracking should resume updating once the package has reached the destination country and been processed through customs.
- Any import fees/taxes/VAT owed are the responsibility of the recipient. Typically, your country's customs office will notify you of any fees due. US customers do have to pay any import fees.
The A4-SFX: Created by the community
The A4-SFX enclosure originated as a one-man project, with the goal of creating the smallest case possible that could support high-end standardized components - from Intel Core i7 processors, to powerful full-length GPUs like the GeForce GTX 1080.
The result of years of work and several generations of design, the A4-SFX today stands alone as a product that's dramatically smaller than almost all competing enclosures. As such, it's an ideal solution for SFF enthusiasts; those who need a highly portable system; users who want to reclaim desk space; and gamers who want a high-end PC experience in the living room or in other space-constrained contexts.
How it works
This case uses what we refer to as a sandwich hardware layout. Using a PCIe® extender allowes for the most prominent design feature of this case, which is the location of the GPU behind the motherboard. The A4-SFX comes with a high quality PCIe® extender, made by 3M™, which allows for PCIe® Gen4 support.
The case allows for easy mounting of either SFX or SFX-L power supplies. The PSU is located in the front of the chassis. Depending on the size of the PSU, up to two 2.5” HDDs or SSDs can be mounted in the drive bay. The drive bay is mounted with rubber spacers to reduce vibration and noise. A third 2.5" drive can be mounted behind the front cover.
GPUs without a protective backplate can safely be used in the case. A thin plastic film is installed to prevent electrical short with the aluminum chassis or the PSU.
Finally, with the new version of the A4-SFX you will be able to mount a 92mm fan or a 92mm All-In-One water cooling solution in place of the drive bay.
Through the compartmentalization of the primary components of the computer, the PSU, CPU/motherboard and GPU each enjoy distinct air inlets and outlets for cooling. Because of this, every component is able to efficiently cool itself by drawing fresh air directly from the exterior, and then channeling heated air upward and outside of the case. Even without dedicated exhaust fans, this layout is a key contributor to the impressive cooling efficiency of the A4-SFX, compared to most other enclosures.
What reviewers are saying about the A4-SFX
Real quotes from real enthusiasts
The DAN Cases A4-SFX is an ingenious design that takes a mini-ITX gaming system down to its smallest possible dimensions.
Linus Tech Tips
Spoiler Alert: The Dan Cases A4-SFX is a fabulous little enclosure... It is beautiful, efficient, and actually rather fun to build in.
To accommodate the most powerful hardware in a space of just 7.25 liters, sounds impossible - but the DAN Cases A4-SFX is impressively successful.
One of the best cases for extreme SFF builders. Excellent build quality. Minimalist design and innovative approach.
We are impressed... The ingenious idea of realizing two seperate cooling chambers with a PCIe riser works excellently in practice.
Discluding protrusions: 112mm x 317mm x 200mm
Including protrusions: 112mm x 327mm x 205mm
376mm x 170mm x 259mm
v4/v4.1: One USB Type-C port; one power switch
Exterior: 1.5mm brushed anodized aluminum
Interior frame: 1.5mm powder coated aluminum
Maximum height: 48mm
Rear exhaust cards are recommended.
Maximum card length: 306mm (including the PCI bracket); 295mm (discluding the PCI bracket)
Maximum card width: 45mm (including a backplate); 40mm (discluding a backplate)
Maximum card height: 144mm (as measured from the bottom of the PCI slot)
2 x 2.5" drives in the drive bay
- Top drive maximum height: 15mm
- Bottom drive maximum height: 15mm
1 x 2.5" drive in the front of the enclosure
- Front drive maximum height: 9mm